Thursday, 23 March 2017

" Family" ......Dementia and my Mum

 Now I am not wanting to upset anyone or berate anyone , but , we could all be doing a wee bit more. Then again maybe what is  being done already is enough. How far do we go with helping mum...She wants to keep her Independence , she likes going to shops and getting out , she enjoys being at home on her own , even if you visit mum she cant wait to see you go home , not because she wants rid of you , Its just that she gets tired all the time and likes to nap.
   Some family members think mum is a bit boring ......when one gets to 90 surely one is allowed to be boring .
   Some family members think mum is a crafty old bastard , someone who will take even if its not needed , she is seen as a burden..........I cant wait till they are old and Ill.
   Some family members don't even see my mum as old at all , it is like they are wearing blinkers, I suppose if they don't see it then they can escape their role in helping her..... I am reserving judgement there .
   Some family members have more to gain than others from my mums old age and decline in her health , and some members of my family are just not responsible enough to offer help ,some are Ill themselves ..........
   Whatever will be will be  a am sure , but , in the mean time things have to change , for the better . I for one am hoping that they all pull together and forget their differences . I think myself that they don't actually know that much about Dementia , or what they do know they are using as a measuring guide on my mum , one type fits all kind of attitude . I  think they might be confusing Dementia with stupidity .
   It is quite frustrating to see and listen to , this arrogance and ignorance . I always thought that when in time of need my mum would be looked after , my mum has spent years visiting her family and I just always assumed they would visit her ,,,how wrong was I
   With everything that's going on with regards to mum its kind of made me feel a bit useless and it has made me question several things in my life.  Why do we even care about other people and there opinions of us , none of it actually  means anything . Were just born , live the life we have and die , end off , if our families don't even care about us what the hell point is there in any of it.......